One of our favorite family snacks to make (and eat!) are homemade granola bars. They’re healthy and easy to make as well as being a kid-approved and protein-packed snack. They’re also a great on-the-go snack to take with you on hikes and adventures. This recipe is really simple to customize with your favorite add-ins like nuts, seeds, or dried fruits. These are dairy-free and vegan (when using maple syrup, we used honey).
Apple Cinnamon Raisin Granola Bars
1. Preheat oven to 300 F.
2. Combine oats, flour, dried apples, raisins, brown sugar and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, vanilla and syrup.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
5. Place granola mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet and shape into a rectangle, about 1 inch thick.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Check at 40 minutes. Pull out when starting to get golden brown.
7. Allow to cool completely then cut into bars and store in fridge or freezer.
Other flavors our family loves to make are chocolate chip & coconut; blueberry, lime & coconut; and peanut butter & chocolate chip. We also love to add in up to 1/4 cup of chia seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds or hemp hearts. So many yummy options! Leave a message of which flavor you try.